Sentia (www.sentia.com) is a managed services and IT outsourcing provider for complex and critical applications on scalable cloud-platforms. We monitor, guard and manage the IT platform and associated applications 365 days a year, 24 hours a day to the most demanding organisations.
Job description – Accountant
The Accountant will be working in the new Sentia Shared Service Center based in Sofia. From the SSSC we provide accounting services for our European entities, with whom we are in daily contact. We process invoices, manage data of suppliers and customers, execute payment runs and reconcile bank statements, activate assets, process financial statements in our systems.
The role will be evolving over time as we transfer transactional tasks to the SSSC and as we implement a new ERP. You are keen on your personal development but also on the development of our team and our finance processes.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The Accountant is responsible for the following tasks:
- Supporting the (senior) accountants in Belgium and at a later stage Denmark and The Netherlands in monthly, quarterly and annual close processes
- Daily processing of received financial documents (3rd party invoices, expense reports, internal documents/requests)
- Process payments to vendors, affiliates, properties and customers (related to disputes)
- Ensure payments are processed in a timely manner
- Prepare journal entries
- Reconcile bank transactions with accuracy and in a timely manner, assist with the month-end closing processes
- Completes the intercompany account reconciliations to ensure smooth period-end process with no unreconciled balances with affiliates
- Building relationships with local teams
- Proactively work with key stakeholders to ensure alignment on processes and share knowledge and best practice
- Identify and follow-up on process opportunities directly impacting daily activities within the team
- Support with team projects for process innovation and improvement, actively test and implement new tools and software
- Proactively maintain and develop technical knowledge in order to execute tasks effectively. Please note that this list of duties is not exhaustive and you may be required to complete ad-hoc tasks
- Prepare all account reconciliations in accordance with Group policy
Required Education & Qualifications
- (Bachelor) degree in Finance
- Basic accounting & good finance knowledge
- Proficient in both spoken and written English (other Western European language skills are an advantage)
- MS-Office skills and advanced knowledge of MS-Excel
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with various stakeholders
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to meet deadlines
- 1-2 year(s) working experience in financial area
- Experience of working in a Shared Service Center financial accounting role is a plus
Information Technology and Services
An opportunity for a career start in an international company. If you are interested and would like to know more about this opportunity, please do not hesitate to apply with your CV in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited.