Would you like to use your technical expertise and develop in your job? Would you like to work in a company with a start-up atmosphere where you can feel at home and where you can work for renowned customers like Carrefour, Q8, Pizza Hut and Medialaan?
We are proud of the fact that our customers recommend us to other customers and that is the reason why we are growing quickly. Would you like to be part of this and further expand your career and your personal development?
Do you like to have and take responsibility? And do you like to have a laugh regularly to let off steam during a game of ping-pong or our happy Fridays?
Then we would like to meet you!
As Cloud Engineer with expertise in Linux, AWS, Azure of VMware, you and the Implementations Team are responsible for the successful implementation of company-critical (web) applications, such as e-commerce websites and SAAS applications, on a variety of cloud platforms. We strongly believe in “the right tool for the right job” principle and therefore manage both private clouds and environments on public clouds for example from AWS & Azure!
As a team, we always strive for quality and long-term usability of the technologies that we use; so we expect that our team members also take a critical look at our technologies and make suggestions to improve our services.
What will be your tasks?
- You will independently design and implement environments at customers. You work autonomously, but for complex issues you can contact the Senior and Expert Engineers in your team.
- Once implemented, you transfer these environments to your colleagues of Operations. You also provide the necessary documentation and knowledge transfer.
- Afterwards, you will also work with the Operations team to solve problems and to manage the entire lifecycle of your customers.
- You cooperate with the colleagues of project management to achieve specific projects.
- In your own thoughtful and critical way, you support migrations from analysis to implementation.
- You can further explore all the technologies that we use (see below) and are given the opportunity to specialise in those technologies that interest you the most.
- From time to time, you support the pre-sales colleagues when they receive new technology requests from our customers.
- Now and again you leave work and have fun with your colleagues. We believe that this is also important.
Who are we looking for?
- Obviously, you will require some relevant IT experience in this position (at least 2 years)
- You have an extensive expertise in one of the following technologies;
- Linux-based OSs and their secrets
- VMware ESX Server + suite
- AWS or Azure
- You have sufficient insight into Windows-based environments (after all, the world involves more than just Linux :) ).
- You have affinity with Open Source (Sentia uses this a lot).
- You speak and write fluent Dutch.
- You have sufficient technical background in our technologies to be able to autonomously design and implement the most common environments. Our technologies:
- AWS Services (EC2, S3, RDS, CloudFront…)
- Azure Services (Virtual Machines, Blobs, SQL DB, CDN, Service Fabric…)
- Linux frameworks, middleware & application servers:
- E-mail application servers (postfix…) and associated protocols (SMTP, IMAP, POP…)
- Web application servers (Apache, nginx…) and associated protocols (HTTP, HTTPS)
- Database application servers (MySQL, Oracle DB, MongoDB, Redis…)
- Middleware application servers (tomcat, jboss…)
- Platform-supporting technologies:
- DNS application servers (bind, pdns…)
- NTP application servers
- Scripting languages such as PHP, perl, python, bash…
- Automation of deployment & configuration with tools such as Chef, Puppet and Ansible
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment and the platforms and tools for this:
- Containerisation platforms (Docker…)
- Orchestration platforms (OpenStack, Kubernetes, Mesos…)
- OTAP/DTAP streets (Jenkins, Bamboo…)
- Caching technologies (Varnish, memcached...)
- Kernel modifications
- Compiling from source code
- Clustering technologies (HAproxy, LVS…)
- Linux security (SElinux, auditd…)
- Storage (iSCSI, NFS, CIFS…)
We have a team of passionate employees, who try to keep our customers happy every day. You will probably feel completely at home if you:
- Are eager to learn and have a passion for technology
- Can achieve results and are to-the-point in your communication
- Can quickly change direction when necessary and come up with creative solutions
- Can ask for help from your colleagues and also provide help yourself
- Cooperate with your colleagues to jointly make our customers happy
- Can think from the perspective of the customer and are able to find great solutions together with our customers.
What may you expect from us?
- To be busy every day with challenging and interesting work and with cutting edge technology.
- To be able to permanently develop your own competencies through training, internal knowledge groups....
- Proper equipment to do the job; a powerful laptop, a large screen.
- The opportunity to make suggestions and to take responsibility.
- To be part of a growing company with corresponding career opportunities.
- Regular company updates to give you a clear view of the direction we are all heading for.
- No lengthy traffic jams thanks to our great location on the outskirts of Ghent.
- A competitive salary, plus a company car, as well as an extensive package of extrajudicial benefits and 26 days off.
- Twice a week lovely fresh soup and always free fruit.
- Relaxation follows after all the efforts! We always have a great time during our happy Fridays, team events, breakfasts, lunches, etc.
- And last but not least: finally some nice office coffee, powered by the Ghent coffee roasting company De Draak. And for the tea lovers, we got your back, we have more choice than just Yellow Label;).