Looking for a job where things change rapidly but without chaos? Do you want to have the ability to work with new and bleeding edge technology on a project-based fashion without running into the death by process trap?
Stop looking and join Sentia’s Implementations organization!
We strive towards quality and long-term operational sustainability of technology so you will not just play with technology! We actually want you to look critically at technology and help deliver our mission.
As a Junior Engineer with expertise in Linux, VMWare, or CI/CD, you will be part of our implementations organization responsible for the successful delivery of customer and internal projects. Ranging from smaller projects over to complex environments, your team eats projects and technology implementations for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Sounds like fun? Keep on reading!
So tell me, what is this all about?
- You are contributing to the lifecycle of internal and customer facing platforms together with your Operations colleagues
- You will be implementing customer-specific environments
- You will transition environments towards your Operations colleagues by transferring knowledge about the respective environment
- Together with your project management colleagues you are supporting projects
- You will be supporting migrations during execution
- You are expected to regularly decompress and maybe even play some ping pong
What do we want from you?
- Knowledge of the following:
- Linux-flavored OSs and its secrets
- VMWare’s ESX server and its associated suite of products
- Knowledge on one or more of the following frameworks, middleware and application servers running on Linux:
- E-mail application servers (postfix, …) and its associated protocols (smtp, imap, pop & asav)
- Web application servers (Apache, nginx, …) and its associated protocols (http, https, …)
- Database application servers (mysql, Oracle DB, MongoDB, Redis …)
- Middleware application servers (tomcat, jboss, …)
- Knowledge on one of the following essential platform supporting technologies:
- DNS application servers (bind, pdns, …)
- NTP application servers
- Scripting languages such as php, perl, python, bash, …
- Notion about automating deployment and configuration of the above with tools such as Chef, Puppet and Ansible
- Preferably an understanding of the concepts continuous integration and continuous deployment as well as the platforms and tools used to accomplish this:
- Containerization platforms (Docker, … )
- Orchestration platforms (OpenStack, Kubernetes, Mesos, …)
- OTAP/DTAP streets (Jenkins, Bamboo, …)
- Notion of one of the following:
- Caching technologies (Varnish, memcached, ..
- Kernel modifications
- Compiling from source code
- Clustering technologies (HAproxy, LVS, …)
- Linux security (SElinux, auditd, …)
- Storage (iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, …)
- Understanding Windows-based environments, and accepting that the world is more than linux, is a nice to have J
- You understand the OSI layer model and have a basic understanding of networking
You have at least 2 years of relevant experience in one of the above-mentioned concepts and technologies OR just finished an ICT focused higher education track.
We believe everyone can grow regardless of his/her education, however having had a technical background and education is considered a pro (civil or industrial engineer, bachelor IT, …).
Nevertheless experience is as valuable as education..
Experience in the hosting or cloud sector is considered a boon but not a pre-requisite
- You have a passion for technology
- You are eager to learn continuously
- You are a team player and can adapt to new situations
- You are a go-getter and are not afraid to pull in additional people when needed
- You are concise and result-driven (read: get things done)
- You are flexible; if needed you jump in to help the team
- You believe creativity, motivation, integrity, and teamwork are important values
- A no-nonsense, open culture where we promote new ideas and value your contribution
- A working environment with large and well-known customers so the stuff you do actually matters!
- A tailored career path so you can continue to grow your competences and knowledge
- Regular and transparent updates so you know where we are going
- Multiple teambuilding events during the year and Happy Friday @ the office
- Quarterly team updates consisting of a formal and informal part
- Twice a week fresh soup and daily fresh fruit
- Regular breakfast and lunch activities