Looking for a job where things change rapidly but without chaos? Do you want to have the ability to work with new and bleeding edge technology in a team that breathes a DevOps mindset and culture? Do you believe DevOps is not a single individual but can only thrive when the organization collaborates strongly? Agile development is your cup of tea?
Stop looking and join Sentia’s dev-ops organization!
We strive towards quality and long-term operational sustainability of technology so automation and integration is key! We want you to be part of our Software Engineering team so your team can help ensure our platforms continue to be one of the best and most efficient out there.
As a Senior Software & System Engineer with strong expertise in open source frameworks and languages, you will be part of the dev-ops organization, which is responsible for the creation of automation and orchestration tools. Ranging from smaller projects over to more daunting and challenging complex integrations, your team creates interfaces and tools in addition to integrating system components for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
As a Senior, you are considered one of the “Yoda’s” in the team and you’ve earned your rings of experience in your realm. Together with your co-seniors, you are the one providing the stability and tranquility in the team and help the team navigate throughout the forest of frameworks and languages.
Sounds like fun? Keep on reading!
So tell me, what is this all about?
- You are contributing to the lifecycle of internal and customer facing platforms together with your Implementation & Operations colleagues
- You will be designing, implementing and coding complex integrations (see a snapshot below)
- You will enable your Operations and Implementation colleagues by providing them with the tools and interfaces for the respective automation stack
- Together with the lead developer and or the development manager you might take the technical lead during projects
- You are considered as “the internal knowledge base” due to your expertise and contextual knowledge of the environments you built here and in your past experience
- You will be training the team on your expertise, you take pride in letting others grow
- You will be considered as a core member of the R&D office
- You will be supporting complex migrations from analysis to execution using your critical and experienced mindset
- You are expected to regularly decompress and maybe even play some ping pong
What do we want from you?
- You have strong expertise in at least one of the following open source languages or frameworks:
- Ruby On Rails
- You are willing to learn and leverage new languages if these are a better fit for the job
- You are aware there are existing frameworks and libraries, you don’t want to re-invent the wheel
- You have personal experience in using some of these existing frameworks and libraries
- You have experience in using and debugging API’s from leading vendors, solutions and suppliers such as VMware, OpenStack, AWS & Azure
- You know how to write your own set of easy to use but thought through set of web-services API’s
- You understand how to write scalable and modular code for usage at scale (think micro-services, object oriented & MVC patterns)
- You understand quality assurance and know how to automate unit testing
- You are not afraid from Linux shells and Linux based projects
- You understand system automation tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet and know how to integrate with those
- You have experience in a wide range of database technologies such as traditional RDMS (MySQL, …) over to NoSQL (Redis, Cassandra, …) type of databases
- Your Git repo shows open source contribution
- You love continuous integration and continuous deployment as well as the platforms and tools used to accomplish or facilitate this:
- Containerization platforms (Docker, … )
- Orchestration platforms (OpenStack, Kubernetes, Mesos, …)
- OTAP/DTAP streets (Jenkins, Bamboo, …)
- You love working agile and understand concepts such as user stories & acceptance criteria
- You understand a minimal set of documentation is essential for long-term sustainability of your code as well as the ability to self-learn how your interfaces and tools operate
You have at least 4 years of relevant experience in one of the above-mentioned concepts and technologies
We believe everyone can grow regardless of his/her education, however having had a technical background and education is considered a pro (civil or industrial engineer, bachelor IT, …).
Nevertheless experience is as valuable as education as this position is considered a senior role.
Experience in the hosting or cloud sector is considered a boon but not a pre-requisite
System integration component examples
- Virtualization and cloud orchestration platforms
- DNS management
- Backup and monitoring systems
- CMDB’s, CRM’s & control panels
- Firewall & network management tools
- Invoicing, order management, quoting
- Ticketing systems and their respective dashboards
- You have a passion for technology
- You are eager to learn continuously
- You are a team player and can adapt to new situations
- You have a critical and analytical mindset and are a walking “lessons learned”
- You are a go-getter and are not afraid to pull in additional people when needed
- You are concise and result-driven (read: get things done)
- Operating under pressure give you a “been there, seen that” feeling which reflects itself in tranquility
- You are flexible; if needed you jump in to help the team
- You believe creativity, motivation, integrity, and teamwork are important values
- A no-nonsense, open culture where we promote new ideas and value your contribution
- A working environment with large and well-known customers so the stuff you do actually matters!
- A tailored career path so you can continue to grow your competences and knowledge
- Regular and transparent updates so you know where we are going
- Multiple teambuilding events during the year and Happy Friday @ the office
- Quarterly team updates consisting of a formal and informal piece
- Twice a week fresh soup and daily fresh fruit
- Regular breakfast and lunch activities