Would you like to let your technical expertise go wild and grow in your career? Would you like to work for a company with a start-up atmosphere, where you can feel at home, while working for top clients such as Carrefour, Q8, Pizza Hut and Medialaan?
We pride ourselves on the fact that our clients recommend us to other clients, which is one of the reasons why we are growing so fast. Would you like to grow with us while further developing your own career and professional skills?
Do you enjoy being given and taking responsibility? And do you love to regularly have a good laugh and be able to let some steam off by playing ping-pong or relaxing on our happy Fridays?
Then we would love to meet you!
As a Senior Engineer, you are one of the driving forces in the Implementations Team, with a specific focus on Storage & VMware solutions. Together with your team members, you ensure the successful implementation of business-critical (web) applications, such as e-commerce websites, SAAS applications, etc.
When the going gets tough, you get going. When the complexity of the environments increases, our Seniors are indeed our towers of strength. Together, you form the 'Jedi High Council' of the Implementations Team, so to speak ;).
In the team, we always strive for quality and long-term usability of the technologies we use, so we expect our team members to take a critical look at these technologies, as we do, and make suggestions to improve the services we provide.
What can you do here with us?
- You design and implement complex, customer-specific environments. You regularly supervise colleagues involved in such projects. You work autonomously and can brainstorm with your fellow Seniors in the team when faced with serious conundrums.
- Once implemented, you pass on these environments to your colleagues from Operations. In doing so, you are also responsible for providing the necessary documentation and knowledge transfer.
- After that, you will of course continue to work with the Operations teamwhen problems need to be solved and to manage your customers’ entire life-cycle.
- You collaborate with colleagues from project management to complete specific projectsand take the Technical Lead in these projects in a timely manner.
- You support, with your own thoughtful and critical approach, complex migrations, from analysis to completion.
- Building on your continuously growing experience, you will become a true subject matter expert in your specialisation.
- As such, you will support your fellow team members and take on the role of mentor for your less experienced colleagues.
- Based on your experience, you are also a valuable contact for our R&D engineers when it comes to the implementation of new technologies in Sentia.
- You regularly help pre-sales colleagues when they receive new technology requestsfrom our customers.
- Occasionally, you completely forget about your work and have funtogether with your colleagues. We believe this is really important too.
Who are we looking for?
- Obviously, this position will require you to have some relevant IT experience (at least 4 years).
- You speak and write fluent
- You have strong expertise in:
- NetAppstorage systems, their architecture and the related product suite.
- VMware's ESXi serverand the related product suite.
- The use of APIs and scripting tools.
- You have advanced knowledge of:
- Storage concepts such as Protocols NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, Fibre-channel, and of data protection and storage types such as RAID, RAIN, HCU, CAS.
- Platform supporting technologiessuch as snapshotting, replication, storage efficiency, NDMP, logical storage constructions, networking, access management.
- IO distribution, RAID penalties, high availability, redundant storage networks.
- Alternative storagevendors and solutions such as NimbleStorage, Dell, EMC, Solidfire
- You can troubleshootin terms of performance impact by using the following tools: Clustered Ontap – OnCommand Software / CLI / Grafana / ASUP, VMware ESXi / Vcenter
- Ideally, you also have knowledge of Clustering technologies, Storage integration at host level (Linux, Windows & VMware), including multi-pathing design and configuration for the respective storage protocols.
- You are familiar with the OSI model and have basic knowledge of networks.
Here, we have a team of committed employees, who work hard every day to make our customers happy. You will probably feel completely at home if:
- You love to learn and are passionate about technology.
- You are capable of achieving results and are straight to the point in communication.
- You can change tack if necessary and come up with creative
- You can ask your colleagues for help, but can also take on the role of mentor/coachfor your colleagues. After all, you have quite a lot of experience and learned a lot from all your previous projects.
- You collaborate with your colleagues to make our customers happy.
- You can think from the perspective of the customer and find great solutions together with our customers.
- You can keep calm when the stress level rises and can therefore help the group relax in crisis situations.
What can you expect from us?
- You can be busy every day with challenging and interestingwork and with cutting edge technology.
- You can constantly develop your own skills through training, internal knowledge groups, etc.
- You can work using proper equipment; a powerful laptop, a large screen.
- You are welcome to make suggestionsand take responsibility.
- You can be part of a growing company that offers career opportunities.
- Regular company updatesproviding you with a clear picture of where we are all heading.
- No endless traffic jams thanks to our good location on the outskirts of Ghent.
- A competitive salary, plus a company car, an extensive package of fringe benefits, and 26 days’ leave.
- Delicious fresh soupis served twice a week and fruit is always free.
- Relaxation follows after all the efforts! We always have a great time during our happy Fridays, team events, breakfasts, lunches, etc.
- And last but not least: finally some nice office coffee, powered by Ghent-based coffee roasting company De Draak. And for the tea lovers, we got your back, as we have more choice than just Yellow Label ;).